Monday, December 1, 2008

Songs That Remind You It's OK - - December 1, 2008


MixwitMixwit make a mixtapeMixwit mixtapes

Hooray for a triumphant return. Sorry about being absent for so long and neglecting my duties, but I have been neck deep in papers and midterms for a good couple of months.

I'm sure Kath and I aren't well known for our cheery and upbeat musical selections, and seeing as how i have been in a fairly constant state of assignment numbness, it would be easy to create another soul crushingly, moody and somewhat depressing mix for your listening pleasure. However, I am going to break the chain and present a mix to assure you, like i needed to assure myself the past couple of months, that things are going to be ok.

Of course, still being myself, some of the songs on this mix are fairly bittersweet but there is an overall sense that despite how shitty things can get, things usually turn out alright, something that I'm going to try and keep in my mind for my upcoming finals.

track list
01. Returning to The Fold - The Thermals (The Body, The Blood, The Machine)
02. Dig for Fire - Pixies (Wave of Mutilation: Best of Pixies)
03. Don't Panic - Coldplay (Parachutes)
04. Fresh Feeling - Eels (Scrubs OST)
05. Dry the Rain - The Beta Band (Three EPs)
06. Brett Dennen - Darlin Do Not Fear (So Much More)
07. I will survive - Cake (Fashion Nugget)
08. What I Got - Sublime (Sublime)
09. Almost Crimes (Radio Kills Remix) - Broken Social Scene (You Forgot It In People)
10. Dear Prudence - The Beatles (White Album)
11. Sometimes - Michael Franti (Mystery Men OST)*
12. Midnight Train - Danny Michel (Valhalla)*
13. We Will Still Need A Song - Hawksley Workman (Lover/Fighter)
14. Float On - Modest Mouse (Good News for People Who Love Bad News)
15. This Year - The Mountain Goats (The Sunset Tree)
16. When Your Mind's Made Up - Glen Hansard and Marketa Irglova (Once OST)
17. We Will Become Silhouettes - The Postal Service (Give Up)
18. You Can Make Him Like You - The Hold Steady (Boys and Girls in America)
19. On The Edge of A Cliff - The Streets (Everything is Borrowed)
20. Calendar Girl - Stars (Set Yourself on Fire)
21. Upward over the Mountain - Iron & Wine (The Creek Drank the Cradle)
22. Three Little Birds - Bob Marley (Legend)
23. Merry Happy - Kate Nash (Made of Bricks)

No comments: